Home » Linux OS and Software » How-To » Getting there but need a little help with domains
Mon, 22 March 2010 23:48 Go to next message
I have purchased a domain name of mikeroosa.com. I pointed the domain to the ns1.vpsville.ca nameserver.

Then on my vpsville control panel, i renamed my hostname to server.mikeroosa.com and added a dns for mikeroosa.com on my 1st ip address.

The question i have is am I on the right track? and I'm guess I need to go into Kloxo now and add a dns template.

I should call the template name mikeroosa and set the ip address to my first one like i did when creating the dns.

What do I put in for the primary dns and secondary dns?

Thanks.
Tue, 23 March 2010 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes you are on the right track, you need to point both name servers
ns1.vpsville.ca and ns2.vpsville.ca .

Then set your Set Reverse DNS for your Ip (VPSVille control panel)
same ip as you used for your domain.

As for host name I used the host name supplied by VPSvillie in control panel, but your setup will work fine.

Sorry got to go to work now, will look back tonight when I get home.

Regards

Sparky51
Tue, 23 March 2010 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mikeroosa,
Just to Finnish my earlier post.

You can use any name you like for your dns template in Kloxo, and yes the ip will be the same as you set before, the primary and secondary can be left blank.

Regards
Tue, 23 March 2010 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So the server looks good, and I can changed my nameservers at my registrar so www.mikeroosa.com is pointing to my new vps. Everything appears to be set up fine with that as I can browse to the site and pulls up the default page.

I added a resource plan and 2 customers which are just 2 of my other sites. I changed the nameserver for roosafamilyhq.com to point to the ns1.vpsville.ca server and I also added a customer under my admin.

The email address I supplied indicated the customer was set up correctly and everything looks fine with it inside of the admin tool.

I notice on the main customer control panel, it shows Domains used as 0 and max as 1. Why would it show 0 used?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 March 2010 15:09]

Tue, 23 March 2010 17:19 Go to previous message
I'm glad to hear its working out ok, as for for the number of domains shown, you could try rebooting your server.

Sparky51

ps
Don't forget to do a : yum update -y in the command center

[Updated on: Tue, 23 March 2010 17:40]

Previous Topic:Getting Started
Next Topic:Using secure ftp to connect to your VPS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 19:00:09 EDT 2017
.:: Contact :: Home ::.