Registered: November 2007
SecureFTP capability is installed on all our OS templates. You can use SecureFTP the same way as regular FTP; to connect, browse, upload, download and remove files on your server.|
SecureFTP (sftp) uses the same credentials as ssh. So if you can connect via ssh, you can use sftp.
To connect using FileZilla (free ftp client easily found with Google):
1. Open FileZilla.
2. Click the 'Site Manager' (icon is just below the word 'File')
3. Press 'New'
4. Name the connection
5. Under 'Host', set your servers IP address
6. Under 'Server Type', set 'SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol'
7. Under port, set 22
8. Under 'Logon Type' set 'normal'
9. Fill in the same account name and password you use for ssh e.g. root
10. Press Connect