Registered: November 2007
The 'Instant VPN' template is designed for use with default OS VPN clients. Like the OpenVPN template it does not require any configuration on the server other than the template install. Unlike OpenVPN, you don't need to install any special software on the client either.|
This template also works with the iPad, iPhone, iPod and Android devices.
Note: when connected using this VPN connection, all traffic will be forwarded through your server by default.
To use the VPN, follow these steps:
1. Login to our control panel, and select 'reinstall OS'.
2. Select 'Instant VPN'.
3. VPN setup details will be emailed to you.
IOS Setup (iPad, iPhone etc)
4. Open Settings, General, VPN
5. Select 'Add VPN Configuration'.
6. Select PPTP as the type, Description: anything you want, Server: Your VPS IP, Account: root, Password: the password that was emailed to you.
4. In Windows, go to the control panel, select 'Network Connections'.
5. Select 'Create a new connection'.
6. Choose 'Connect to the network at my workplace (VPN)'
7. For the company name, enter 'VPSVille'.
8. If asked, select 'Do not dial the connection'.
9. Enter your servers IP address.
You can then double-click on the network connection to start it. Use 'root' as the user name, and the password that was emailed to you.
4. Open 'Network' in System Preferences.
5. Create a new connection, type 'VPN'. Select PPTP as the type, name it anything you want.
6. Server Address: Your VPS IP, Account Name: root, Encryption: Max, Authentication Settings: Password
7. Select 'Advanced', Send all traffic over VPN connection
[Updated on: Wed, 31 October 2012 21:05]