||Wed, 24 October 2012 09:08
Registered: May 2010
I just did a cluster of updates on my gentoo VPS over the weekend. The ebuild output is posted below. |
As per the instructions, I have udev starting at sysinit. I also installed the sys-kernel/openvz-sources-2.6.18.028.099.3 ebuild to see if that would work around the problem, it did not. It seems to want a version of the sources, with a proper makefile.
I noticed that there is a openvz-kernel source for 2.6.32 in the tree. Is there a possiblity of an upgrade to the kernel on the Gentoo image anytime in the near future?
(I haven't had the chance to fully troubleshoot this yet, I'm going in all directions at once at this point.)
* Could not find a Makefile in the kernel source directory.
* Please ensure that /usr/src/linux points to a complete set of Linux sources
* Unable to calculate Linux Kernel version for build, attempting to use running version
* Unable to check for the following kernel config options due
* to absence of any configured kernel sources or compiled
* - INOTIFY_USER
* - SIGNALFD
* - !SYSFS_DEPRECATED
* - !SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2
* - !IDE
* - BLK_DEV_BSG
* You're on your own to make sure they are set if needed.
* udev-171 does not support Linux kernel before version 2.6.32!
* Your kernel version (2.6.18-4-pve) is too old to run udev-171
* udev cannot be restarted after emerging,
* as your running kernel version (2.6.18-4-pve) is too old.
* You really need to use a newer kernel after a reboot!
* Not restarting udevd, as your kernel is too old!
* You need to add udev-mount to the sysinit runlevel.
* If you do not do this,
* your system will not be able to boot!
* Run this command:
* rc-update add udev-mount sysinit
||Wed, 24 October 2012 13:41
Registered: November 2007
You will need to be migrated to a node running > 2.6.32. Open a support ticket with a request.