Home » General » Pre-Sales » Private IP's
Mon, 03 December 2012 11:38 Go to next message
I'm not sure what the exact technical terms are, but I want to have a private IP that is not "owned" by VPSville, if that makes sense.

If someone did a whois, or whatever on the IP, I would want it to report that it belongs to a major ISP. I wouldn't want there to be any way/information that shows VSPville is involved in anyway.

Am I making sense?
Sun, 09 December 2012 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am almost sure that VPSVille has to first purchase a block of IP addresses from some authority (i think it is ARIN: https://www.arin.net/), so there is record of who purchased the ip's somewhere. And I think you can enter an IP address and find out who owns that IP.

With respect to that information being revealed from a WHOIS search is not likely - WHOIS reveals who owns the domain name (example.com), unless of course you have a proxy to hide that info.

However, there is a tool called TRACEROUTE (<link>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traceroute) - "traceroute outputs the list of traversed routers in simple text format, together with timing information"

So, if your site domain was example.com, I would do a TRACEROUTE and enter the last IP address listed into the ARIN website to see who owns it.

So, it is not common knowledge, but possible.
Mon, 06 February 2017 08:24 Go to previous message
Kevmdan wrote on Mon, 03 December 2012 11:38

I'm not sure what the exact technical terms are, but I want to have XtraSize https://www.scottmcadams.org/xtrasize-review-results/ and a private IP that is not "owned" by VPSville, if that makes sense.

If someone did a whois, or whatever on the IP, I would want it to report that it belongs to a major ISP. I wouldn't want there to be any way/information that shows VSPville is involved in anyway.

Am I making sense?

Why would one need private ips?

[Updated on: Sat, 22 July 2017 06:54]

Previous Topic:Centos KVM
Next Topic:Cpanel VPS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 17 21:02:05 EDT 2017
.:: Contact :: Home ::.