||Tue, 12 February 2008 12:02
Registered: November 2007
You will have to point every domain you run to a nameserver. The good news is that LxAdmin makes this easy. Adding new domains once you're setup will take a couple of minutes.|
Your IP's are:
IP1 = 126.96.36.199
IP2 = 188.8.131.52
1. Go to your domain name registrar, and register your name servers. In Namecheap it is under "Nameserver Registration". In GoDaddy it is under "Host Summary", where you can set ns1.yourdomain.com to IP1, ns2.yourdomain.com to IP2, etc.
2. Log into LxAdmin as "admin".
3. Go to "Server", click on "IP Addresses" and then click on "Re Read Ipaddresses" to make sure LxAdmin can see all the IP addresses you have.
4. Go to "Home", and then click on "DNS Template". Click on "Add DNS Template". Now you can use the following values:
DNS Template Name: Default
Web Ipaddress: IP1
Mail Ipaddress: IP1
Primary DNS: ns1.yourdomain.com
Secondary DNS: ns2.yourdomain.com
5. Now you can go to "Domain" in LxAdmin and start adding new domains to host. Name servers for those domains will be ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com which you need to set at the registrar.
[Updated on: Tue, 12 February 2008 12:06]