Home » General » Suggestion Box » Info entry on panel and paper recipts.
Thu, 29 January 2009 15:29 Go to next message
Hiya gang,

I am unable to enter any data in the spaces provided on the VPSville panel for personal and contact information.

I had assumed that this was how one would be issued paper receipts.

I need paper receipts, can you enable the entry of data into these spaces and have it be used to generate and mail paper receipts?

Also, i do not believe I was given info on how to login to the ticket system. I've tried my forum login and my panel login but neither work. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

[Updated on: Thu, 29 January 2009 15:36]

Fri, 30 January 2009 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there,

You don't need to login to the support system to open a ticket. Just press 'submit ticket'.

Unfortunately we don't mail paper receipts at this time, but you can generate an electronic receipt from the billing page and then print it out yourself.

The receipt will be made out to the name on the credit card or PayPal account, whatever you paid with initially.
Tue, 22 September 2009 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this why I can't pay by check or money order?

News Flash: While I have seen some interesting proof of concepts, I feel the computer industry is not yet mature enough for electronic banking.

I was going for a sans-serif font (chose 'Arial') for the headline. Edited to make body serif, headline default font.
Thu, 24 September 2009 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, the empty reply was funny.

I did not mean to imply the problems with electronic banking were technical. It took time for people to accept paper money; it will take time for people to accept electronic money.

At the risk of straying off-topic, I am looking for the following in electronic transactions:

• I should not have to agree to long, open-ended "user agreements." Government backing may be needed for this.
  • Banks should feel comfortable explaining to their customers how public-key encryption and authentication works. Electronic banking should not rely on a (browser) cookie-based "security seal"
  • Consumers must be able to trust their computers. This implies they are relaible, and reasonably secure against malware. I suspect any DRM regime will erode consumer confidence in computers.

Thu, 24 September 2009 23:39 Go to previous message
Online banking is quite secure, as its conducted over SSL. Its based on a password sent over an encrypted tunnel.

The security hole with online banking is the users computer, which is why its very hard to transfer money out of your bank account electronically, and when you do, the transaction is always reversible. I've never heard of anyone getting ripped off with web banking, at least not permanently.

Previous Topic:bring a 24 hour chat
Next Topic:Any chance of OpenBSD being supported?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 14:42:26 EDT 2017
.:: Contact :: Home ::.