Home » General » Suggestion Box » Customizable Hardware
Mon, 31 August 2009 18:43 Go to next message
I don't know how far fetched this would be but I would really benefit from being able to customize some of the major hardware components of a plan.

Example. Ideal plan for me

Disk Space: 10 GB
Monthly Bandwidth: 100 GB
Burst RAM: 1024 MB
Guaranteed RAM: 256 MB

Which is basically a merging of Village, Town and City. Currently I'm running Town. I don't really need the 200 GB bandwidth but I'd like some more memory because I'm running Gentoo and I find myself having to disable services just to preform updates (compiling can take a lot of memory).

Giving users more control over how much Disk Space / Bandwidth / and RAM would be a very nice addition IMHO.

Danger
Mon, 31 August 2009 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, what would be more ideal for compiling updates would be some swap space. However, I have more reasons for wanting more memory so that is still my ideal system.

I'm not sure if it is possible to add swap support in a managed way that lets you provide swap space while disallowing customers from simply creating swap files.

Danger
Wed, 02 September 2009 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It does make a lot of sense to provide a custom plan, its something we can look into creating. Thanks for the suggestion!
Mon, 19 October 2009 04:49 Go to previous message
I fully support this suggestion!

Would gladly pay for more RAM, but don't need disk space or transfer. RAM limit is easily hit with compiling software (like OP), or even installing modules from CPAN. In fact I had to upgrade plan to install a Perl module.
Previous Topic:New OS template - Alfresco
Next Topic:Progress indicator in CP for lengthy jobs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 23:24:21 EST 2017
.:: Contact :: Home ::.