Home » General » Pre-Sales » [help]more than 10 VPN accounts in the same village server?
Thu, 12 November 2009 03:02 Go to next message
I want to order a Village server and install the OpenVPN template on it, I wonder if I can buy more IP addresses and set many VPN accounts in the same village server.
If yes, how much is it for one IP address?
Thu, 12 November 2009 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunaley no, each Village is limited to 1 IP.
Thu, 12 November 2009 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
staff wrote on Thu, 12 November 2009 04:41

Unfortunaley no, each Village is limited to 1 IP.

I want to setup serveral VPN accounts in one VPS server, each account has is own edicated static ip address, is there a plan for me?
Fri, 13 November 2009 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Metro VPS would probably be best for this.
Sat, 14 November 2009 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
staff wrote on Fri, 13 November 2009 18:31

A Metro VPS would probably be best for this.

I will rent 10 IPs each time, how much is it?
Wed, 18 November 2009 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Question.

What benefit does "10 dedicated static ip addresses" get you?

It is possible to connect 10 clients to the same VPN sever. And it is possible to host 10 VPN severs on the same host/plan. The later is rather involved, though it should be possible if you are willing to get down and dirty with the VPN daemons.

Just curios as to why you need these IPs really ...

Danger
Thu, 19 November 2009 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danger wrote on Wed, 18 November 2009 00:17

Question.

What benefit does "10 dedicated static ip addresses" get you?

It is possible to connect 10 clients to the same VPN sever. And it is possible to host 10 VPN severs on the same host/plan. The later is rather involved, though it should be possible if you are willing to get down and dirty with the VPN daemons.

Just curios as to why you need these IPs really ...

Danger

reseller! I have many customers who only need VPN, with low bandwith.
I can setup VPNs in the VPS and let off them. Very Happy
Thu, 19 November 2009 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting. Are these customers IP hungry? Is it really necessary that their VPNs have different IP addresses?

In this case the later [10 separate VPNs on one server sharing the same IP] should still work out. Even if they did allow many IPs for a basic VPS you'd still have to go to the effort of configuring many VPNs on one server, the only real added challenge is to map a client to a VPN server without using the IP they are accessing the system through ... which should be possible as they do have to authenticate etc. etc. with a server.

PS. I speak theory, I've only really become familiar with VPNs over the past month as I setup my laptop, desktop and server on one so they can always find each other easily. (desktop has dynamic IP and laptop is mobile).

Danger
Fri, 20 November 2009 06:30 Go to previous message
Danger wrote on Thu, 19 November 2009 18:37

Interesting. Are these customers IP hungry? Is it really necessary that their VPNs have different IP addresses?

In this case the later [10 separate VPNs on one server sharing the same IP] should still work out. Even if they did allow many IPs for a basic VPS you'd still have to go to the effort of configuring many VPNs on one server, the only real added challenge is to map a client to a VPN server without using the IP they are accessing the system through ... which should be possible as they do have to authenticate etc. etc. with a server.

PS. I speak theory, I've only really become familiar with VPNs over the past month as I setup my laptop, desktop and server on one so they can always find each other easily. (desktop has dynamic IP and laptop is mobile).

Danger

yes, just IP hungry, in fact, they play some games from some limited countries, so they have to buy service of VPN or socks5, with dedicated static IP which is from the countries allowed to play such games,e.g. Ca, USA... many players earn money via playing the games.

binding different VPN account to Different specific IP address is necessary, otherwithise their accounts from the same IP address will be blocked and they will be game over!

[Updated on: Fri, 20 November 2009 06:39]

Previous Topic:Does your VPS sopports PPTP VPN?
Next Topic:Upload and Download Speeds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 16 20:31:38 EST 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.