Home » Control Panels » cPanel, LxAdmin, DirectAdmin, Webmin » Anyone know how to get extra IPs working correctly in LXAdmin?
Fri, 24 April 2009 06:30 Go to next message
Hiya folks,

I have a couple HIB vps' and they only had one of my IPs in each when they were created.

I tried the refresh option, I've read the docs, finally i found a spot to input them manually but it did not give any options for the interfaces.

I figure since the vps' use that odd venet0:# structure there must be a trick to it.

I manually added two more IPs to one of them using the existing one as a guide. (ie. netmast 255.255.255.255)

No communication is possible on those IPs, same as when they were not listed at all.

Can't get support from vpsville becuause they do not support the lxadmin plans.

Can't get support from lxlabs because lxadmin is not licenced.

I'm at a loss as to what to do.

TIA,
Chris
Fri, 24 April 2009 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the server isn't using the IP's, you'll need to contact support to ensure they are active. You should be able to ping all your IP's.

If re-reading doesn't show all the IP's, something else is wrong with the lxadmin config. Try doing an update and returning the settings you've changed back to the defaults.

After adding IP's you need to re-read them in lxadmin, you may have to rebuild the web tables so you can use them from within lxadmin.

cd /usr/local/lxlabs/lxadmin/httpdocs/
lphp.exe ../bin/fix/fixweb.php

You can also try the lxlabs forums for a lot more tips. Smile
Fri, 24 April 2009 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did contact support, it did not work out well for me.

In addition to the 2 IPs i kludged in there, duplicates of them have shown up with the proper venet names.

Trouble is, i have no idea which ones are the working ones.

It's beginning to look like I have made the wrong choice.

On top of all this, something installed apache and it's trying to start at the same time as lighty, and it will not let me disable it's start at boot from any of the obvious locations.

Sun, 26 April 2009 02:58 Go to previous message
You can delete all the IP's and re-read them from the admin panel.

Lxadmin allows you to choose between lightty and apache. Some software requires apache but most scripts will work fine with lightty. You may want to try both to see which works best for you.
Previous Topic:cPanel account migration without root password
Next Topic:LxAdmin Disk Full
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 24 04:34:54 EDT 2017
.:: Contact :: Home ::.