Home » Control Panels » cPanel, LxAdmin, DirectAdmin, Webmin » Can someone tell me how to fix this mail problem? (cpanel)
Fri, 24 July 2009 11:57 Go to next message
I keep getting these emails back that go something like:
-----

From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@cpanel.razornewmedia.com>
Date: July 23, 2009 10:49:19 PM GMT-04:00
To: <%REMOVED%>
Subject: Warning: message 1MT0mS-0005G6-IA delayed 72 hours

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 72 hours on the queue on cpanel.razornewmedia.com.

The message identifier is: 1MT0mS-0005G6-IA
The subject of the message is: Change of Email Address
The date of the message is: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 17:50:58 -0400

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

<%REMOVED%>

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for
some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message
remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up,
and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.

-----

How can I resolve this? why are emails getting backed up?

I appreciate any help I can get on the matter

Ryan
Fri, 24 July 2009 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You get this message when the receivers email server is refusing to accept the email message, or its offline.

The receivers email server will usually give a reason for the rejection, but it looks like you edited it out of the post. Sad
Sat, 25 July 2009 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all I took out of the post was email addresses Confused

is there any way i can stop the mailer daemon from sending these out? or make them all go to one email address rather than the specific sender? A co-worker of mine sent out an email to her entire address book informing people of an email address change a few days ago, and now she's getting flooded with these.
Sun, 26 July 2009 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I am not sure if there is a way for disabling these warnings, but I don't actually think it is convenient, since they are obviously warning you about problems on your mail sendings.

As Staff stated above, reasons for these warnings are that one or several recipient servers are refusing your mail or maybe are down. If they are down, when they are again back online they should accept any messages on your Exim queue and warnings will stop. But your mail could also be refused if an address is not right, and also if recipient's servers were "considering" you are not a trusted sender because of some misconfigurations on your server DNS or mail settings. I would advise you to do a lookup on your domain with dnsstuff.com and see if it shows DNS and mail errors or warnings.

Also, on WHM go to Email >> Mail Queue Manager for displaying all refused messages on your server Exim queue. Try to deliver one of them and if it is still not sent, see what error message is displayed, this could help you to track the problem.

Regards,
Thu, 30 July 2009 10:39 Go to previous message
thanks a lot. I figured out what's happening - my coworker set up a new email address because of how much spam she was getting, and she set up an auto-responder on her old one which seems to be sending emails back to fake email addresses. The weird thing is they're mostly messages being directed to her spam folder by spamassassin - is there any way to make the auto-responder ignore messages marked as spam?
Previous Topic:LXAdmin-Kloxo update
Next Topic:Apache from Lxadmin eating up my Memory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 13:20:07 EDT 2017
.:: Contact :: Home ::.