Home » General » Suggestion Box » support + in email addresses
Tue, 15 September 2009 16:40 Go to next message
Hi
I've recently upgraded to postfix, and I wanted to use +<something> email filtering. Sadly, you don't allow me to put "<user>+vpsville@myemaildomain" as an email address for the secure login. Is it possible you could support this in future?

Thanks
Tue, 15 September 2009 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its really not a good idea to use a local email address for your main login. If your server has a problem, how will we communicate with you?

Your best bet is to use a gmail or hotmail address for you login.
Tue, 22 September 2009 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldn't the back-up e-mail address suffice?

I'm not sure I entirely trust the free e-mail providers.

There are also out-of-band communication methods like phone or letter mail.

Edit: I didn't realize that VPSVille doesn't have an office: only rented rack-space. I suppose it keeps costs down.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 September 2009 16:42]

Wed, 07 October 2009 13:20 Go to previous message
staff wrote on Tue, 15 September 2009 23:58

Its really not a good idea to use a local email address for your main login. If your server has a problem, how will we communicate with you?

Your best bet is to use a gmail or hotmail address for you login.

Huh? Really? And what says that my vpsville email address is hosted on your servers? I happen to run a rather nice postfix setup right here at home. The VPS is mostly to offload some websites I'd rather not have dependent on my crappy filtered throttled and generally awful DSL connection (not implying my ISP itself is awful, but rather the DSL environment itself is bloody terrible in this country, what with Bell and Rogers running a duopoly with the CRTC in cahoots).

Oh, and what's the point of the secondary email anyway, if you're so worried about that... All I want to do is be able to use + based email filtering thanks to a lovely postfix, dovecot and sieve setup I'm running here now Smile

Anyway, it is what it is. It's slightly ironic that your forums DO support + based email addresses.

Previous Topic:Any chance of OpenBSD being supported?
Next Topic:New OS template - Alfresco
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 08:27:51 EST 2017
.:: Contact :: Home ::.