Home » General » Pre-Sales » Dedicated IPs
Fri, 02 April 2010 10:07 Go to next message
I assume that this is really a proxy / squid configuration issue, but if I have a City plan, with 3 IP's, and 3 people are connecting to the VPS, can I dedicate an IP to each of those logins or are they assigned dynamically. In short, can I guarantee that person A always gets IP address 1, B=2 and C=3?

If it is possible, is it also possible to have a 'party' line, so that one IP accepts all other connections. That is, if I have 3 of us with fixed IP's, coulde I have a 4th one which handles temporary 'friend' connections? Or would I then be fixed into a one-person-one-IP scenario?

Thanks.

Colville.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 April 2010 10:08]

Sun, 04 April 2010 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First off, ummm, WHY?

Secondly...

Lets say you have 4 IPs from .101 to .104 and your domain name is foobar.com...

Public foobar.com on .101 accepting all public connections of any type.

Then reallyspecialfriend[1-3].foobar.com on .10[2-4] each with unique auth info configured in lighty or apache assuming web connections. This will work for other services but you'd have to work out unique auth setups for them to keep others chocolate out of your friends peanut butter.

Thirdly...again...WHY?

Later,
Chris
Mon, 05 April 2010 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, you can do this using OpenVPN. For details check out the OpenVPN documentation. What you are trying to do is not trivial.
Thu, 06 May 2010 08:30 Go to previous message
Because I want to avoid one particular site from concluding that certain connections are all being made from the same IP address. Basically, I and friends use Betfair from various parts of the world. We don't share a connection, and we don't want it to appear that we do. However, we do want to share the VPS/VPN service. Perhaps my lack of knowledge here is just making it seem more difficult than it truly is?
Previous Topic:ubuntu 10.04 template
Next Topic:TF2 Gameserver?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 07:11:09 EDT 2017
.:: Contact :: Home ::.