Home » Linux OS and Software » Discussion » Ubuntu 10.04 MySQL Server Install Issue
Tue, 18 January 2011 09:07 Go to next message
I have tried multiple times to install MySQL server on Ubuntu as well as a couple of the other server OSes but cannot get them to install.

MySQL on Ubuntu 10.04 hangs at "Setting up mysql-server-5.1 (5.1.41-3ubuntu12.Cool ...".

I have tried using the LAMP server options but then I have issues installing phpmyadmin on those.

Anyone else having similar issues? A common error I am also getting are generic FORK/Memory unavailable errors.

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 January 2011 09:07]

Tue, 18 January 2011 14:50 Go to previous message
Ubuntu installs of software are now taking a lot more memory than older versions or Debian.

Mysql installs can also take a lot more memory than just running Mysql server, which will take about 120MB with the default settings. Once Mysql is up and running you can configure it to use 20-30MB easily enough.

I suggest you upgrade your plan temporarily to install/configure your server and then downgrade your plan once you've got your memory usage lower.

There is no charge for temporary upgrades, you can do that from our control panel.
Previous Topic:Where should VPSVille expand?
Next Topic:OpenVPN template frequently fails to connect
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 12:11:21 EDT 2017
.:: Contact :: Home ::.