Home » Linux OS and Software » Discussion » OpenVPN template frequently fails to connect
Mon, 21 February 2011 08:06 Go to next message
I've installed the OpenVPN template and got it to work but it happens frequently that I try to connect and can't. I don't get much in terms of an error message on the client side:
Quote:

Attempting to establish TCP connection with 77.74.199.xxx:12056
Mon Feb 21 12:55:23 2011 TCP: connect to 77.74.199.xxx:12056 failed, will try again in 5 seconds

When I reboot the server I can connect again. Even when I can't connect with OpenVPN I can still ping the server. I've tried connecting from different PCs and when one of them don't work, none do (I don't ever connect with more than one at the same time, just wanted to eliminate the client as possible source of the error).

I've tried to reinstall the OS on the server and I still get the same problems.

When I can't connect with openVPN I still can connect with FileZilla so the server seems to work but OpenVPN doesn't. When I restart the server everything works again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Wed, 23 February 2011 05:06 Go to previous message
Its possible your server is running out of memory and unable to start a new connection. Take a look at your /proc/user_beancounters and check for any failures.

Previous Topic:Ubuntu 10.04 MySQL Server Install Issue
Next Topic:1st Anniversary
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 23:29:33 EST 2017
.:: Contact :: Home ::.