Home » Linux OS and Software » How-To » Download/Restore Server Backups
Tue, 22 July 2008 16:47 Go to next message
Hi!

I was curious if there is a way to download the server backup that the control panel allows one to create to my local machine.

I can backup the file system but I like the control panel backup facility which allows me to simply return the server to a previous state altogether. The problem is that there is only one backup point created in this way. I would prefer to have my own local archive of server snapshots.

Is the backup located somewhere in the directory tree so that I can FTP into the account and download it to my local machine?

If the backup can be downloaded, how can I also upload it back and restore the server from it?

Thanks!

IT gopher

Tue, 22 July 2008 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats an interesting feature for the future, but we don't have anything like that yet.

Mon, 14 December 2009 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was interested in doing this as well.
Sun, 03 January 2010 17:29 Go to previous message
To manage your own backups, we recommend you use rsync. rsync is smart enough to only download the files that changes from your last backup.

The imaging system we use writes to a special system that is not accessible from the internet for security reasons. These images are also extremely large so downloading them may not be practical.
Previous Topic:.htaccess doesn't work
Next Topic:Installing freenx with ubuntu template
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 17 12:26:33 EST 2017
.:: Contact :: Home ::.